Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tonight's Scripture, Prayer, and Song for 5/29/2011

Scripture: John 14: 1-6

1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
 4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
 5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Prayer: 'O God, during perilous times such as these, let us know the fullness of your words, "Let not your heart be troubled." Through our faith in your only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, allow us to have a safe haven of peace deep within our being that provides solace, shelter, and calm in this highly troubled world. In Your Great Name we pray, Amen.'

Song: 'His Eye is on the Sparrow' by Sandi Patty.

No comments:

Post a Comment