Tuesday, May 3, 2011

'Thy Word'

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." -- Psalms 119:105

Whatever your need or state of mind, you can find guidance and light in the Word.  When I was a little boy my Mother taught me to memorize large portions of the Word.  She believed in the statement in the Bible, 'Thy Word have I hid in my heart.'  Such a practice gives life-long solace and guidance.

And then there is the other definition of the Word as presented in the Bible--'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.'--John 1:1.  Of course, the verse is referring to Christ.  And with Him we can never go wrong.

Prayer: "Lord, thank you for providing the light and enlightenment available in your Word.  And let us take care to hide that Word in our hearts.  We are also careful to give you our gratitude for your blessed Son who is the Word that gives light to our lives."

Song: 'Thy Word' by singer/songwriter Amy Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment