Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Word for Today, April 2, 2011

"And behold there came wise men from the east, saying, 'Where is He that is born the King of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the east and have come to worship Him."

These words are commonly associated with the Christmas season regarding the pilgrimage of the three wise men who came seeking the Christ-child.  Yet there is a lesson for us here that transcends Christmas.  Wise men seek the Savior. The beginning of wisdom is the knowledge that one must face a simple truth--when left to our own flawed devices we become lost.  We make the wrong choices.  We embark upon a path that leads to a dead-end of emptiness, hopelessness, and despair.  The recognition of this fact leads us to seek the source of true wisdom, the Lord Jesus Christ, full of grace and truth.  Those who seek Him and find Him are wise.

Prayer: O Lord, this day help me to know that on my own I am doomed to failure, but when I humble myself and seek your face, and come into the light of your unconditional love through Christ, I find the wisdom not only to make good decisions but to find my way into your everlasting life.  In Your Great Name we pray, Amen.

A song to bless you--classic Gospel Quartet music from the great Florida Boys: "I Am His and He is Mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment