Monday, April 18, 2011

Evening Meditation and Prayer for Monday, April 18, 2011

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." -- from the Holy Bible

Sometimes we find ourselves faced with situations where we lack direction.  What should I do in this situation?  Which decision would be best for all concerned?  In which direction should I go in order to be true to myself and to the person God made and called me to be?

At times those answers do not come easily.  Life gets very complicated, and often we are faced with not just 2 but many possible options.  How do we know which one is the correct one?

The scripture verse quoted above says simply to trust in the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and acknowledge Him in all you do, and He will give you direction and guidance.

What about those times in which it seems no direction is given?  That's a hard one, but the best answer I've ever heard to that question is that during those times God is silent concerning direction, we simply wait--and continue doing the last thing He led us to do.

Waiting is hard.  I will be the first admit I am lacking in patience.  But sometimes that is simply the way life is, hard though it may be.  And during those times, while we wait for God's guidance, we keep on doing that which we know is good, right, and honorable.  In other words, stay put until God gives direction.  Keep doing the thing He has led you to do in the present until you get the word to change course.

Prayer--"O God, forgive our impatience and lack of faith.  Help us remember the many times in the past when your guidance was very clear, and you led us down paths that resulted in great blessing for us and for others.  As we wait for further guidance from you, give us the grace to be patient and the strength to 'keep on keeping on' in the current task to which you have called us.  Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen."

Song--"He Leadeth Me"

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Martin, thank you for this inspirational post. It is very apropos in my current situation.

    Ironically, I glanced at the services you offer, and decided that you probably were blessed with 10 talents. I then counted the list to see if I was close, and the list has exactly 10.

    You have been blessed and it is good to see you using those talents in God's service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your most kind and generous words. I am what I am today only by the grace of God. What little I am able to do is only by the strength and wisdom granted to me by Him. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you will continue to find this site an encouragement to you.

    ReplyDelete