Monday, September 26, 2011

This One

This one is going to be different.

And 200% better.

I am talking about my new recording that I am presently gathering material to produce. I hope to have the entire thing complete by the end of the year, ready to be offered after the first of the year in 2012.

My new recording will contain mostly new material, written by yours truly. Yep, the words and music will be by Anthony G. Martin. Y'all didn't know that I wrote music too, did ya?

My last recording was a 'By Request' project that was based upon songs people have asked me to sing in various places. It was done on a shoestring budget and shortcuts had to be made to fit that limited budget.

This one is going to be different. It is going to have my signature on all of it, my stuff, done in my style. And I think you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Before the spring of this year, it had been nearly 38 years since the last time I recorded an album. There were no 'CDs' back then, only long play vinyl albums, or singles...and 8 track tapes. Now everything is digital and high-tech. So, my first effort using today's recording equipment was very different and took some getting used to.

My second effort will be a vast improvement. I now know what to do and how to do it. And I have learned some things about the production, arrangements, and so forth.

Now, here is where you can help.

Everything I do here at Martin Christian Ministries is free. Devotionals, songs, all if it. I never charge for anything. But, it is time-consuming. And money is in very short supply. I say that not to solicit sympathy. I don't want or need it. I am just stating fact.

During the month of October I will have a fundraiser right here. Of course, you can make a donation anytime you wish, using the donate button in the top right column. But this will be a concerted, coordinated effort to keep this operation going.

You will be offered a free gift for your donation, but I will tell you more about that when the time comes.

As always, thanks for your support, your prayers, your gifts, and your continued readership. I deeply appreciate all of you. Thank-you most kindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment