Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quitting Church

Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.


As I have gotten older I admit that going to church seems to be much more important than it was when I was younger. I went through a period of 'take it-or-leave it' when it came to church, and I rationalized my lack of regular attendance with the common mantra among evangelicals, 'Well, going to church never saved anybody,' which is true but is not meant to be used as an excuse not to go.


The Church is the Body of Christ, established by the Lord Himself--a place where we can worship, pray, experience the love and fellowship of other believers, and experience the presence and strength of the Lord in unique ways.


If you don't find that at your church, then get out and find another one. Don't just quit.


I admit I like going to church for the first time in years. I like the fellowship of Christian friends. I like the positive message of love and forgiveness to be found in the Christian Gospel. I love the music.


I hope you will find a church like mine.


Song: This is a real gem from the past. The Sego Brothers and Naomi are the only Southern Gospel group that had a certified million-seller single. That song was 'Sorry, I Never Knew You' from the early 60s. This song, however, is from the late 60s and early 70s, and it is about going to church. Their sound is country gospel for sure, but I admit I like it. It's called, 'Good Morning Neighbor' by the Sego Brothers and Naomi.

No comments:

Post a Comment