Monday, June 27, 2011

Loving

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind."-- Matthew 22:37

Loving God and loving man are the two greatest commandments, according to Jesus. In fact, the entirety of the ancient Hebrew law is summarized by those 2 commands. The essence of the 10 commandments is that each one represents the nature of appropriately loving God and appropriately loving our fellow man.

If we love God and love others, we will do certain things and avoid doing other things. The behavior proves whether or not this love is present.

Song: "I Love the Lord" by the Talley Trio.  When I first heard this song, released in 2003, I was driving and it was broadcast over the radio. I had to pull over to the side of the road it was so moving. Here, the Trio sings the song live before the National Quartet Convention in Louisville, Kentucky. It is a special blessing that I hope you will not pass up.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment