Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Good Afternoon, My Friends

Good afternoon, my good Christian friends!

I truly hope you are well. Thank-you once again for reading these pages.

Today I thought I would alert you to an article I wrote at the Examiner on evangelist Billy Graham and the fact that he has, unfortunately, become a target of the controversial Westboro "Baptist" "Church," which in my view is neither Baptist nor a church.

This is a hate cult. And now they have targeted 93-year-old Billy Graham for their hate-spewing message.

Read all about it here at The Examiner.

Part of the task of a conscientious Christian is to "discern the spirits." Discernment comes not only through maturity and wisdom but through prayer and the work of the Holy Spirit.

Not everyone who says, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, according to Christ. Many claim to know Christ but engage in activity that belies their words.

I say these things not to condemn anyone--"for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"--but to remind you that as Christians we are called upon to exercise discernment concerning various and sundry groups and individual who come at us claiming to be God's messengers.

As Corrie Ten Boom's father put it during the awful days of the Holocaust as even some within the Christian church helped the Nazis capture Jews, "Just because a mouse gets into the cookie jar doesn't make him a cookie."

The Ten Booms, as Christians, helped Jews escape the Nazi scourge and could not fathom why some who claimed the name of Christ would help perpetuate the great evil inherent in the Nazi regime.

So, beware my friends. "He who hath ears to hear, let him hear!"

No comments:

Post a Comment