Monday, November 28, 2011

20 Best Christmas Hymns of all Time

As most of you know, I am a music fanatic. Over at my political blog, The Liberty Sphere, I wrote an entry a few years ago that still gets a lot of attention even now, when the Christmas season rolls around.

It is the top 30 best Christmas songs of all time, including the artists who sang them. That post contains secular as well as religious Christmas songs.

But here, at the ministry site, I want to focus on the 20 best Christmas hymns of all time--those songs that are uniquely Christian in nature.

You are welcome to agree or disagree. This is in my view only and by no means suggests that I have the final word. :)

1. Silent Night
2. O Holy Night
3. O Come all Yet Faithful
4. Joy to the World
5. The First Noel
6. O Little Town of Bethlehem
7. We Three Kings
8. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
9. Jesu Bambino
10. Mary's Boy Child
11. The Holly and the Ivy
12. Hark the Herald Angels Sing
13. Angels We Have Heard on High
14. Away in a Manger
15. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
16. Go Tell it On the Mountain
17. What Child is This
18. The Birthday of the King
19. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
20. He is Born the Divine Christ Child

There are many hymns that have been written through the centuries for Christmas, but these, in my view, are the cream of the crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment